Restoration is centered on Jesus and the Bible.
All Scripture is self-attesting and, being Truth, requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. The infallible Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is a complete and unified witness to God’s redemptive acts culminating in the incarnation of the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks. On this sure foundation we affirm "The Seven Essentials", which are listed below. These essentials are important at Restoration and are an integral part of the beliefs of our denomination, the EPC. With these essentials, we also keep our denomination's motto in mind: "In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things charity."
- We believe in one God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ, the living Word, become flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He who is true God became true man united in one Person forever. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. On the third day He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Mediator.
- The Holy Spirit has come to glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to our hearts. He convicts us of sin and draws us to the Savior. Indwelling our hearts, He gives new life to us, empowers and imparts gifts to us for service. He instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
- Being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness, our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God’s free grace. God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, thereby justifies them in His sight.
- The true Church is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit are united together in the body of Christ.
- Jesus Christ will come again to the earth-personally, visibly, and bodily-to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations.
We believe in the God of restoration – a gracious God who loves us and calls us to share His life-restoring love and grace with others. With love, we embrace life together as we multiply deeper relationships in Christ.
Join us Sunday mornings for coffee and fellowship at 9:30. Worship at 10:00.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter
Mailing address: PO Box 1574, Mechanicsville, VA 23116
Service at Oak Knoll Middle School
10295 Chamberlayne Road
Mechanicsville, VA 23116